What Is The Side Effect Of Electric Shock?

How long does electricity stay in the body after a shock?

Your Care Instructions The shock can cause a burn where the current enters and leaves your body.

The electricity may have injured blood vessels, nerves, and muscles.

The electricity also could have affected your heart and lungs.

You might not see all the damage the shock caused for up to 10 days after the shock..

What should you do if you get an electric shock?

Take these actions immediately while waiting for medical help:Turn off the source of electricity, if possible. … Begin CPR if the person shows no signs of circulation, such as breathing, coughing or movement.Try to prevent the injured person from becoming chilled.Apply a bandage.

Which is a cause of electric shock?

Causes of electric shock Electrical appliances coming in contact with water. Incorrect or deteriorated household wiring. Downed powerlines. Lightning strike.

Do I need to see a doctor after an electric shock?

Electric shocks can be very serious, so it’s important to seek help as soon as possible. If the shock seems severe, call 911 or your local emergency number. Even if the shock seems minor, it’s best to follow up with a doctor to make sure there aren’t any less visible injuries.

Why do I feel electric shock when I touch someone?

Experiencing a light electrical shock when you touch another person, or at times even objects, is a result of something known as ‘static current. … Hence, the shock we feel is when electrons move quickly towards the protons.